Pharmacist interns are required to submit a record of their CPD activities on the online platform in accordance with the CPD cycle comprising the following four steps:
- Step 1: Reflection on practice (Answers the questions – what do I need to know? What do I need to be able to do?)
- Step 2: Planning (Answers the question – How can I learn?)
- Step 3: Implementation (Describes the action taken)
- Step 4: Evaluation or reflection on learning (Answers the questions – What have I learnt? How is it benefiting my practice?)
Interns are required to -
- complete all four steps of the CPD cycle for each CPD entry.
- submit a minimum of eight CPD entries and be competent in six of the eight entries submitted. All eight entries have to be assessed for the intern to be declared competent.
- select one outcome from each competency standard from 1 to 7 [thus seven entries] and one outcome from either competency standard 8, 9 or 10 [the eighth entry]. Each entry is based on a single outcome. Competence standards 1 to 7 are compulsory.
- submit suitable evidence online with each entry.
- adhere to the submission deadlines.
Once the intern has submitted CPDs, these will be allocated by the system to their tutor to verify and release them for assessment and moderation by the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC). CPD results will be released by the SAPC two months from the submission deadline. Therefore, both interns and tutors must adhere to CPD submission deadlines. The deadlines for CPD submissions are available in the intern/tutor manual.
The Intern CPD System has been revamped. To help interns navigate the new system, an Intern CPD User Manual has been compiled. Click here to download the manual.
CPD submission deadlines for 2019:
- 14 January 2019
- 30 April 2019
- 18 June 2019
- 13 August 2019
- 15 October 2019
- 13 January 2020