Pharmacist interns are required to submit a record of their CPD activities on the online platform in accordance with the CPD cycle comprising the following four steps:
- Step 1: Reflection on practice (Answers the questions – what do I need to know? What do I need to be able to do?)
- Step 2: Planning (Answers the question – How can I learn?)
- Step 3: Implementation (Describes the action taken)
- Step 4: Evaluation or reflection on learning (Answers the questions – What have I learnt? How is it benefiting my practice?)
Interns are required to -
- complete all four steps of the CPD cycle for each CPD entry.
- submit six CPD entries, one CPD entry per Domain and be competent in all six CPD entries submitted.
- submit suitable evidence online with each entry.
- adhere to the submission deadlines.
Once the intern has submitted CPDs, these will be allocated by the system to their tutor to verify and release them for assessment and moderation by the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC). CPD results will be released by the SAPC two months from the submission deadline. Therefore, both interns and tutors must adhere to CPD submission deadlines. The deadlines for CPD submissions are available in the 2021 Intern/Tutor Manual.
The Intern CPD System has been revamped. To help interns navigate the new system, an Intern CPD User Manual has been compiled. Click here to download the manual.
View the 2021 Intern/Tutor Training Presentation Video below or click here to download the presentation as PFD file without voice-over. You may also view this training presentation on the SAPC YouTube Channel by clicking here.
Click here to access the CPD Verification Training for Tutors
Click here to access the CPD Activity Submission by Intern
Click here to access the Online Query Submission by Intern presentation
CPD submission deadlines for 2021:
- 11 January 2021
- 26 March 2021
- 30 April 2021
- 18 June 2021
- 6 August 2021
- 11 October 2021
- 10 January 2022